We are an NHS Provider of Talking Therapies to people in East Lancashire.
Mental Health Support in East Lancashire | Lancashire Women
This service is available to women aged 16+ who are registered with a GP in the East Lancashire area. East Lancashire includes, Burnley, Accrington, Hyndburn and Colne.
What are Talking Therapies?
Talking therapies, or psychological therapies, are effective and confidential treatments. They can help with common mental health problems like stress, anxiety and depression.
You do not need to have a diagnosed mental health problem to refer yourself to an NHS talking therapies service. Getting support as soon as you start having difficulties can help to reduce their impact. You may be:
- feeling anxious
- feeling low and hopeless
- having panic attacks
- finding it hard to cope with day-to-day life
- struggling with flashbacks and nightmares
- feeling stressed
- Perhaps you’re finding it hard to cope with work, life or relationships.
Other things that talking therapies can help with include:
- obsessive thoughts or behaviours
- fear of social situations
- trouble sleeping
If you’ve already been diagnosed with a mental health condition you can still refer yourself to an NHS talking therapies service, or a GP can refer you.
Please use our online referral form.
- This service does not offer Booking referrals
- This service does not offer Drop-in referrals
- This service offers Electronic referrals
- This service does not offer Other – See referral information referrals