Hope Street offers:
- A residential hub with 24-hour support, purpose built and specifically designed to create a trauma-informed, gender responsive environment for women and their children.
- Individually tailored programmes of support designed to help women address the reasons they have become involved with the justice system including factors such as childhood trauma, substance use issues, and domestic abuse.
- Activities that allow women to fulfil the requirements of their community sentence including unpaid work, training and accreditation that will provide better future employment opportunities;
- Move-on, supported houses across Hampshire for women leaving the hub where they can begin preparing for a move to a home of their own.
- Ongoing support for women and their families once they are living in their own home.
Referral via Magistrates:
Hope Street is not an alternative prison or a place of detention – it is a voluntary option that women can be offered as an alternative to a custodial sentence. Women will be assessed for their suitability for Hope Street through a multi-agency partnership between the Hope Street team, the Liaison and Diversion teams working in the Police Investigation Centres and the Court Probation teams. If the outcome of the assessment is that Hope Street is a safe and more appropriate option for her, this will be written into the pre-sentencing report that assists Magistrates with their decision making.
Women will be given clear information about what support they can expect to receive at Hope Street and what is expected of them as a resident so they can make an informed decision as to whether a voluntary referral can be suggested. Women will have to sign a license agreement to stay in the accommodation.
Referral via Prison/Probation
Specific referral forms have been shared with Bronzefield women’s prison and the Hampshire Probation team.
- This service does not offer Booking referrals
- This service does not offer Drop-in referrals
- This service does not offer Electronic referrals
- This service offers Other – See referral information referrals